Monday, October 5, 2009

what's new with you?

I just have to stop in to say hi. We made it to BKK and back safely to pick up our friend Sarah who came for a visit. We enjoyed our tour of the palace and had interesting (required) visits to two jewelry "factories" and a tailor shop. Made it there and back without any major weather, airline or airport excitement, which is extremely good.
Had a good turnout at our meeting on Sunday and made it back home before dark. Today we had our first adult class with good participation.
Kitties are all well. Not fighting TOO much. Boomerang got put outside tonight when he was chasing Stinkey.
We have had lots of rain. I got SOAKED this morning when I went out to jog, most of my neighbors found it pretty entertaining. A neighbor informed me (like I did not know it!) that I was soaking wet!? Two different people in our village did stop and ask me if I wanted a ride (on a motorcycle) back home, which I politely declined.
Had a nice blessing today. The people that wanted to study English wanted a contract, which we told them we could not do, but that they could study for free. They showed up today and donated four good tables for our teaching room and 30 stools.
Sarah has encouraged me to get back to my piano practice. I have no confidence in myself in this area, but at her suggestion I will try to get back into it. I did sit down and practiced a good while last night and a few minutes this evening.
Got a package today from America and was a lovely way to round out the day. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment