Friday, October 23, 2009

cat calamities......

Thursday was not a good cat day. We were already planning a day of tourist stuff, and Dinkey was outside. Before long, he and Boomerang came close to a confrontation. Someone who will remain nameless thought he'd break up the fight, and walked in between them. Well...that just made everyone nervous and set everything off. I am not sure who chased who, but both cats ran in the open kitchen door. Then, Miss Dufus stuck her nose in the middle of the business, and something went terribly wrong. Dinkey got confused or nervous (doesn't take much) and he somehow got into a BIG confrontation. But with Miss Dufus. Boomerang was just standing there watching, like "what is going on?" and Dinkey was TEARING MISS DUFUS UP. Fur was going everywhere. How it stopped I don't know, but then Mike grabbed Boomerang (the catalyst, I guess) and threw him outside. Miss Dufus had blood coming from the top of her head, and from her face. She was and still is kind of shaken. I really don't know if Dinkey ever realized who he was tearing up. Miss Dufus' face swelled up last night, but today looks better. Bad ol' Boomerang.

I forgot to mention, that last week we were heading out to run errands and all the cats (including Boomerang) were asleep somewhere in the house. Well, Boomer's owner drove up in the driveway looking for him! She wanted to take him for shots!! I brought him out, and she said, ooh, he is asleep.....does he sleep in the house at night? I said, well, that depends on him.....(answer is yes, most every night....he walks around the house with his jingle bell collar jingling until I let him in.....) So I guess she still "owns" him, although I could tell, right then, she was re-thinking whether she wanted to pay to get him his shots..........

No comments:

Post a Comment