Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chikungunya Fever

no this is not a joke. I think I have chikungunya fever. This morning my joint at my foot and big toe is swollen and sore, as is the joint of my right thumb. I noticed yesterday the feeling of a low grade fever, and just now realized that I have a (pretty much) full body rash. These are things that are not normal for me. I was feeling kind of achey yesterday, and tired too, but really attributed it to exhaustion from our last two weeks with OK. But this morning these symptoms are outside of that, and are in line with what we have heard of chikungunya.

Well, from what I read there isn't much I can do about it, so I will try to take it easy and rest it out. Thankfully I don't think I can pass it on to others, we have to leave that up to the mosquitoes.

MANY people in this area have had it, I mistakenly thought the threat had passed. Well, I have been wrong before.

No comments:

Post a Comment