Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Boomerang Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Well, she didn't say "Boomerang," she said "he." For about four days I didn't deliver Boomerang back to his house. Mostly because my feet hurt and it was hard to walk, but also because I was just tired of taking him home. I would take him home, lock him in their room that they had turned into a "cage," leave some food leftovers there for him (and his friends) and come back. He stayed away until they let him out or he wriggled out, and then there he was back at my door. I was tired of it, I didn't feel good, I had just lost OK, and I am unhappy they never listened to me, that they needed to get him fixed to slow or stop his wandering. Admittedly they are not rich folks, but they have at least half a dozen cats! Why take them on if they can't look after them properly? I just don't agree with that philosophy.

So yesterday I took him home again. We were leaving for a meeting, and Boomerang kept following me to the car. I was concerned for his safety, so I said to Mike, Let's just drop him off at his house. I know he wasn't thrilled, but we did it. And the lady there, when she saw Boomerang (she doesn't know I call him that--who knows what his real name is!). When she saw him, she said, "He doesn't live here any more." It just seemed so sad, he had been so easily forsaken. We left him there and went on, but it bothered me. Still does.

People here don't believe in killing animals, that's what they say. They think that the things done in our country (like euthanasia for animals) are horrible. I agree. But it doesn't bother them to take on a kitty, or a dog, and then decide it's too inconvenient, and drop it off at the temple. Or they will bring home an animal to raise, and not be willing to spend the money to have them neutered. Then they have kittens, or puppies, that they can't afford, and they will cast them aside. So, to me, they kill, in their own way, when they "discard" an animal so easily. They just don't have to watch it, or face it.

He was back at my door this morning.

So is Boomerang mine now? I don't know. I just don't know.



Bing™ brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment