Sunday, August 30, 2009

OK isn't OK

I have been deceived. My OK isn't OK. We were fooled by the fish bone weeks ago. OK has feline renal failure and it is a wicked disease. I thought he was going to fool them, when the vet was surprised that he was eating the boiled fish I was fixing him. But it has turned cruel. The next day he ate fish, but on Friday he lost interest. Looking back, I think this disease was already in him when he first came to our house. I have a note in my journal, 19 June, 2007. I used a plastic shelf we had in the house, and made him an "apartment" outside the back door, to protect him from the rain, because the house kitties hated him. Remembering then, he was sick. But I knew nothing of feline renal failure, and blamed it on a weak constitution. OK has been with us for more than two years. And I can't talk more about him just now. He is a weak, and sick, kitty. I have come close to losing him in the past, more than once. And I keep thinking, this is another hoax. Just a kitty, I know. But he is one of the Lord's little beasts ( For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. Psalms 50:10), and we love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment