Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crows

When I go jogging in the mornings, there's usually some birds on the wires along my route. One morning, when it was hot and I was sort of struggling, I noticed some of the sounds the birds make. As I was chugging along, the crows started saying, "walllk, walllk, wallkk!" Or at least, that is what it sounded like. And another bird that is often out was saying "by eek, by eek, by eek!" ("By eek" in Thai, roughly, is "go further.") Seems to me that this is often the way it is when we are trying to "run our own race." Some crows out there tell you, oh well, just "wallkk" and others, the ones who encourage us, say "by eek. by eek. by eek." As much as I may want to walk when I hear those crows, the fact is, I guess I am a little rebellious in that, it makes me want to "by eek" and keep on .....Matthew 26:39.
Remember whose race it is......Php. 2:16....

No comments:

Post a Comment