Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Boomerang WILL come back.....

When I went to the market this morning, a Thai man who lives near us and also has cats said, "Gone three days, he's dead for sure." He also pointed out that (according to him) Thai's won't, Mus-aa-lims won't, but Burma--ese will-- kill cats. (I don't know if he meant they would EAT them, or just KILL them). It seems funny to me, because a lot of the B around here have cats of their own. Anyways, his comments did not really help me too much, this being the fourth day of Boomerang seemingly disappearing without a trace...

This afternoon, about four pm, I was chatting with my little student, Asah, who had come over for a visit. She asked if the cat had come back, and I said no. I told her that "Phaya The Kein"(B language for "God") would have to take care of him for him to be able to come back. I don't think five minutes passed, and I turned and looked and saw Boomerang, collarless, walking up the driveway. I called out his name excitedly and said come here come here....he came running. Asah was all smiles too.

I really am not sure, I think he was out seeking a new wife. There is a female cat across the road. But he also is very de-hydrated. And he was "invisible" to us and the neighbors-- for four days. I don't know where he was-- his "real" owner and I were both concerned about someone stealing him. He is a pretty cat--in fact, I think he is the first "Siamese" cat we have ever seen in Thai, and he is not afraid of people, especially if they have some fish for him.

I am just thankful--and glad--this Boomerang came back. I must add to that statement-- this time.

Thank you Lord (Phaya The Kein)

No comments:

Post a Comment